SNAP 2011 Page
Here’s what we accomplished in 2011
· Distributed $5500 worth of household goods to people with developmental disabilities in ECI.
· Received grant from the Madison County Community Foundation to extend our partnership with Bed, Bath, and Beyond for one more year, as well as pick up additional donations and cover some travel expenses.
· Distributed $7770 worth of household goods to developmentally disabled people in ECI.
· Distributed nearly $10,000 worth of household goods to dozens of individuals in ECI.
· Co-sponsored the Henry County art class for another year (along with CP Of Henry County and Help At Home). Group meets the 2nd Saturday of each month from 11:00 to noon at DSI (thank you for the use of your building)
· Vendor at transition fair at Southside High School in Muncie
Distributed $5000 worth of household goods to dozens of individuals in East Central Indiana (living necessities)
Distributed over $7000 worth of household goods to dozens of individuals in East Central Indiana.
· Partnered with Bed Bath & Beyond to provide living necessities to developmentally disabled individuals residing in East Central Indiana
· Sponsoring monthly art therapy group in Anderson through grant from the Madison County Community Foundation
· Co-sponsoring monthly art therapy group in New Castle (with Help At Home and CP of Henry County)
· Purchased 50 egg shakers for music therapy groups in Henry and Madison Counties with donation from New Castle Loyal Order of Moose
· Purchased Sensory bag for Madison county resident
· Purchased weighted blanket (made by Liz Frank) for Jay county resident
· Provided financial assistance for guardianship obtainment for Blackford county resident
June - 3rd Annual Car, Truck, & Motorcycle Show and Bike Run (see link to the show for results and more info)
May - purchased mattress for Delaware county resident. Thank you to Gill Brothers Furniture in Muncie for assisting us with this purchase.
April - purchased portable docking sound system for music therapy groups in Henry and Madison Counties
March - vendor at Disabilities Resource Fair hosted by In Source at the Bethany Christian Church in Anderson
February - purchased mattress for Delaware county resident. Thank you to Gill Brothers Furniture www.gillbros.com in Muncie for assisting us with this purchase!
January - co-sponsor of Henry County art therapy group (thank you to DSI for use of your building)